Thursday, January 18, 2007

Bye Bye Brave New Waves

May I refer you to this. It's sad, but at least the worst kept secret in the CBC echo chamber is now out in the open.
I've never been hesitant to say that this show changed my life; if not for it I would be a very different person entirely, musically and likely otherwise as well.
It was the thrill of a lifetime to work on this program (2003-2006), even though it was dying a slow death at the time, for a variety of reasons I won't get into. As depressing as that period was (is), I cherish my memories as both a listener and a contributor, which always reinforced to me the thrill of discovery and never settling for accepted norms.
When Patti Schmidt first called me to offer me the job, I told her it would be an honour to serve, which it was. My professional career has had many highs, but working on Brave New Waves remains the most rewarding thing I've ever done.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Heard about it on the NCRA list yesterday and thought about you. Real bummer.

Anonymous said...

You're not the only person who life has been altered by The Waves. I appreciate the work you've put into it, and I wonder how Patti feels about what's been happening...